Monday, January 08, 2007

Meal planning when I really want to crochet

I've taken an interest in crocheting lately. I find it much faster, easier, better looking that my knitting. I bought a few anodized aluminum crochet hooks (one red, one yellow) while thrifting this past weekend, and yeah, I also got a rug hook! This is the crochet project that I am working on. I've had a few attempts at this pattern which is easier now that I understand the terminology better and now I'll be using stitch markers too! My first attempt using white thrifted cotton yarn with tiny random black speckles ended up turning into pretend dessert icing with beads as candy sprinkles. I had misread the pattern and ended up doing way too many stitches per row and so the mouse's head was gettting very wide by the time I decided to quit and start again. My kids love the icing and I also needle felted some wool white-yellow-pink ice cream to go with it. Pics to come...

No comments: