Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pagoda Hat, 1938

I've been obsessing over crochet patterns lately. I found a cool-ass listing on eBay for a set of 1940's crochet hats patterns . At first I thought I couldn't pull off a hat from this era/in this style, but now I think I can. Now I want to make one.


Pagoda Hat, 1938


I think I'll try to make this pattern for a Pagoda Hat and I've got a nice moss green and white yarn that I could make it with. This yarn was a fabulous score about a month or so ago while thrifting during a 50% off sale. I got two super huge skeins of this yarn which looks like homespun wool yarn. The yarn isn't the softest but for outerwear it may work well. The "stiffness" of the yarn might also help support the structure of this style of hat. Off to start working on this. So excited!

**update: Started on this and realized my yarn does not work at all for this project. Looks like I'll have to get some crochet cotton for this hat.

No comments: